We want to hear from you...
Order of Worship
- O How I Love Jesus
Welcome and Announcements
- Connect with us
- “I’m new” page
- M6 Initiative Update
- 1587 personal connections
- 436 voicemails left
- 463 people prayed with
- 56 needs met
- Operation Christmas Child
- We will be collecting our OCC boxes later this year. Many of you include school supplies in your boxes. Those items will be on sale in the coming weeks as schools reopen for the fall semester. It's a great time to get ahead of the game!
- Let's make a big deal about OCC this year! It will be one of our only mission projects for the year.
- Please visit our “Things to Know” page
- Sign up to help Glenn Minks with our studio set design.
- Sign up to help with Mission Forest Park each morning in the office.
- New online giving service
- We changed our online giving service when we launched our new website. We think you will find the new service easier to use, especially on your phone.
- Click “Give” in the bottom right corner.
- There are no fees for you or the church if you use a bank transfer.
- There is 1.9% processing fee for debit and credit cards.
- You can also mail your tithes and offerings to:
FBC Forest Park
634 Main Street
Forest Park, Ga 30297
- Mike and Denise Rogers
- The prayer list is sent out via church-wide text message every Friday.
- See notes below...
Last week's giving:
Last week's needs:
Total giving received YTD:
Total funds needed YTD:
Percentage of giving received vs. funds needed YTD:
Our Faith Offering is designated giving specifically for missions over and above our normal tithes.
Last week's Faith Offering:
Total Faith Offering YTD:
Let us know how God is working in your life.
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh, and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet. 2Tell Aaron everything I command you, and Aaron must command Pharaoh to let the people of Israel leave his country. 3But I will make Pharaoh’s heart stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt. 4Even then Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you. So I will bring down my fist on Egypt. Then I will rescue my forces—my people, the Israelites—from the land of Egypt with great acts of judgment. 5When I raise my powerful hand and bring out the Israelites, the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.”
See how God works…
- You will know that I am the Lord when I…
- Work through you and make you seem like God.
- A stubborn heart gives me an opportunity to multiply my signs and wonders.
- I will rescue my people with great acts of judgment.
- How does judgment rescue? Hold that thought for later…
The story continues…
So Moses and Aaron did just as the Lord had commanded them. 7Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron was eighty-three when they made their demands to Pharaoh.
8Then the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 9“Pharaoh will demand, ‘Show me a miracle.’ When he does this, say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down in front of Pharaoh, and it will become a serpent.
10So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did what the Lord had commanded them. Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a serpent! 11Then Pharaoh called in his own wise men and sorcerers, and these Egyptian magicians did the same thing with their magic. 12They threw down their staffs, which also became serpents! But then Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. 13Pharaoh’s heart, however, remained hard. He still refused to listen, just as the Lord had predicted.
Have you ever demanded a sign from God? Have you ever asked God to prove himself to you?
- The Bible records many miraculous sign and wonders done by God.
- Not one of them ever produced faith.
Matthew 12:38-40 and Matthew 16:1-4
One day some teachers of religious law and Pharisees came to Jesus and said, “Teacher, we want you to show us a miraculous sign to prove your authority.”
39But Jesus replied, “Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.
Your faith is a heart issue. Not a proof issue.
So how will they know He is The Lord?
As soon as Judas left the room, Jesus said, “The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory, and God will be glorified because of him. 32And since God receives glory because of the Son, he will give his own glory to the Son, and he will do so at once. 33Dear children, I will be with you only a little longer. And as I told the Jewish leaders, you will search for me, but you can’t come where I am going. 34So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
1 John 4:7-13
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 8But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (This is how judgment rescues)
11Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. 12No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.
God will make us like a God. He will work through us just like he worked through Aaron and Moses.
13And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us.
If we could all learn to truly walk in the Spirit, loving each other as Christ loved us, then they would know that He is The Lord.